Community Development Queensland Conference - Day 2
17octAll DayCommunity Development Queensland Conference - Day 2Hosted by Community Development Queensland @ Sandstone Point Hotel, 1800 Bribie Island Rd, Sandstone Point QLD(All Day: tuesday) Event Type Professional Development,Social Event
All Day (Tuesday)
Regenerating Community: Getting Our Hands Dirty Council is proud to host Community Development Queensland’s 24th state-wide conference. This is a professional development conference for anyone volunteering or working with community. Join us to
Regenerating Community: Getting Our Hands Dirty
Council is proud to host Community Development Queensland’s 24th state-wide conference. This is a professional development conference for anyone volunteering or working with community.
Join us to share knowledge and explore ideas around the following themes:
- reimagining your practice for social justice
- rediscovering your passion for the work, people and place
- regenerating your community, neighbourhood, projects and groups
- reigniting community and civic participation.
The conference will be held over three days at the Sandstone Point Hotel, Sandstone Point.
Monday 16 October 2023
- Day: Neighbourhood Centres Queensland (NCQ) gathering
- Evening: Les Halliwell address
Tuesday 17 October 2023
- Full conference day
- Evening: conference dinner
Wednesday 18 October 2023
- Full conference day
- Conference closes
Registrations are now open. Early bird registrations close Friday 15 July 2023.
Conference Registration cost:
- Les Halliwell Address (Monday): No charge
- Early Bird full conference registration (including dinner): $375
- Sleepy Bird full conference registration (including dinner): $450
- Tuesday program only (excluding dinner): $200
- Wednesday program only: $175
- Conference dinner: $100
Information about the NCQ Neighbourhood Centre Pre-Conference Day on 16 October, including registration details, will be posted on the NCQ website.
Call for proposals are open and close Monday 19 June 2023.
Complete the proposal form(PDF, 336KB) and email it through to by Monday 19 June 2023.
Opt in to receive updates on the program, calls for ideas and presenters, and pricing information.
There is a range of accommodation options within the region.
Accommodation at the conference venue
- full name
- contact number
- email address
- room type
- number of occupants
- arrival and departure dates.
For further information on Sandstone Point Hotel room options and pricing, view the accommodation form(PDF, 6MB).
There are also a range of accommodation options at Sandstone Point, Bribie Island and surrounds. Explore the Visit the Moreton Bay Region website for accommodation and visitor experiences.
For other enquiries, email or contact the Community Development team on (07) 3205 0555.
- Monday, 16 October 2023 – Wednesday, 18 October 2023